|Agriculture and Business Development Services aim to strengthen the livelihoods of the rural poor and women by identifying the sub sectors on which a significant number of people are engaged and institutionalize the services to work on the gaps identified. The services aim to help enhance the earnings of the farmer/customer from the activities undertaken by them. The guiding principle for the Ag/BDS is quality service to the customer, which would transform in to a meaningful increment in their livelihoods.
Components of Ag/BIDS:
- Productivity enhancement through increase in yields or reduction in costs
- Risk Mitigation (other than insurance)
- Local Value Addition
- Alternate Market linkages - Input supply, output sales
- Diversification from farm to allied and non-farm activity
- Organizing and supporting the producer groups/farmer clubs to establish sustainable institutional linkages for better impact of livelihood promotion services.
At the moment BKSLis providing Ag/BIDS in 820 villages (54% of the total villages served by the Bank) with the following sectors.